In any kind of organization, an organizational chart with specific roles and responsibilities is necessary for a smooth functioning of the team. Our Homecoming Team is no exception.
After reviewing several organizational charts, both Lyn and I came up with the organizational chart below.
Each box represents a committee (except the chairman and vice-chairman). Each committee will be headed by a chairman with members under him/her. The Executive committee is composed of the Chairman, Vice-Chairman and the heads of the Secretariat and Finance Committee. Below is a list of roles and responsibilities. It is not comprehensive but could be a starting point. Feel free to add more specific to your team.
Roles and Responsibilities
Executive Committee (Execom)
- Recruit and organize different committees for the homecoming.
- Oversee the different committees.
- Serve as the liaison between the school and the batch.
- Track reunion execution by keeping notes on the experience to pass on to the next batch.
- Track batchmates and their current affiliations to help leverage for batch activities, sponsorships and talent pool.
- Decide on a strategy and schedule to contact batchmates as a whole or individually.
- Encourage batchmates to join activities through SMS, email, phone, social media or face to face.
- Reach out and invite other alumni in different year levels for the different batch activities.
- Collect and manage all shared photos and videos by the batch.
- Coordinate registration process for the homecoming.
- Work with membership committee to collect pledges from batchmates.
- Work with Ways & Means to collect money from solicitation and sponsorship.
- Coordinate financials for fund raising activities and provide pre and post activity financial report.
- Coordinate financials for the homecoming expenses.
- Provide quarterly financial reports.
- Prepare ceremony (ex. Mass, In Memoriam, Awarding, etc)
- Prepare production and audio visual presentation.
- Coordinate with Logistics for production requirements.
- Coordinate with Yearbook/Souvenir program head (if you will be having this)
Ways and Means Committee
- Prepare and send out solicitation and sponsorship letters.
- Plan, evaluate and propose possible fund raising activities.
- Spearhead solicitation and fund raising activities.
Marketing & Promotion Committee
- Promote batch activities through online (social media, website, etc) or offline (tarp, posters, etc)
- Manage batch/alumni page.
- Create and design artworks for letterhead, souvenirs, t-shirts and other items.
- Coordinate with production design and construction.
- Coordinate with sound, lights and LED.
- Prepares general layout for the area such as tables/chairs, food/beverage placement, booths.
- Coordinate with cleaning services to make sure event area including restrooms are clean during and after the event.
- Responsible for ground security, emergency medical technician, transportation and electrical power needs.
Food & Beverage
- Evaluate caterer options and decide on food options based on budget.
- Request beverage sponsorship or purchase beverages that can accommodate expected number of alumni.
- Coordinate with Logistics for setup.
- Prepare list of areas for community service.
- Plan out details on what needs to be done.
- Schedule date for community service.
- Coordinate with Membership to invite other batches.
- Coordinate with Finance for expenses.
- Coordinate with Marketing & Promotion to spread the word.
We hope that you can apply this for your homecoming as well or you can adjust accordingly to fit your needs.